Wednesday, June 16, 2010

i love daddy sign with 2x4s

This is a simple sign to celebrate father's day.  This is my version of one similar that I found on How Does She.  I created three 4x6 collage pictures in Picasa (Google photo organization and editing program) because we could not decide on just three.


I started with three boards two 2x4s and one 2x2 (this was a scrap I found to make it high enough to hang the pictures).  You could always just crop to smaller pictures and use two boards.  I applied scrap book paper with modge podge (I need to practice at this a little more because there are some bubbles but at least they are behind the pictures right).  I then sanded the sides, distressed the edges with some ink,  and applied the vinyl.


Then stack them up and tie a piece of ribbon around the top block and clip on some mini clothes pins with ribbon to hold your pictures.  We love our daddy!

3 comments:

  1. AHHHH...I love it. I love the colors and how you added the top board. Thank you so much for showing me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh...That is stinkin' CUTE!! LoVe that saying! Thanks so much for sharing and linkin' up on my I {heart} DaD link!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. Question ... did you glue the blocks down or just stack them? did you also paper the back?

    thanks!
    Marie
    readg4fun@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! We love to hear from you. We do moderate them first so that is why they may not pop up right away. Thanks again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails